Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Bake Off is Back!!!!

As you can probably tell I am very excited about the new series of The Great British Bake Off! We didn't even know it was coming back on and luckily noticed it just before it began!  I'm looking forward to seeing what they will make this series.

Over the summer hols I have been baking, first a cream tea for guests, then tweaked the cakes from the cream tea to take back to London when I visited. They are lemon and elderflower and are lovely. Then I thought I'd make some quiches, this was really to use up the goats cheese as it was towards the end of its life. Turn into a delicious goats cheese and onion quiche. Have since made some small individual vegetable and cheese quiches too for packed lunches.

Oh we got given a bread maker as Daniel's parents no longer use it so have been trying that out too. It's OK, makes nice bread though the loaves are quite small so only do for a couple of days. That's OK I guess for now but might need to supplement the home made loaves with bought ones when I go back to work as we'd be baking them every day!

Not sure what to bake next - maybe coffee and walnut cakes. Or I might wait for inspiration from the next GBBO episode!





No comments:

Post a Comment