Saturday 17 September 2011

The F Word...F=Food!

Tonight i cooked one of Gordon's recipe's from the F Word, spiced pork chops with crushed sweet potatoes and rocket salad. It was delicious. It was a little annoying that for some reason no where around here had any star anise (maybe they cater for the clientele and clearly those who live here don't use such an ingredient! I can't wait to move!) so the marinade was minus that, but it still tasted yummy. I am a big fan of sweet potatoes, much more so than regular potatoes.

Sarah visited Jamie's Italian restaurant this week and reported back that it was great there. I didn't even know it existed! As an owner of practically all of his books she's contacted me to try and find the recipe for what she ate! I think I've found a similar one so I'll have to post it to her and request that she makes it for my next visit!!

The plan tomorrow is to do some baking, in the spirit of the great british bake off! Maybe not macaroons but some biscuits or a cake i think!

No comments:

Post a Comment